Tax considerations are a key aspect of financial and corporate transactions. Out team of highly experienced corporate and tax attorneys have a profound understanding of Puerto Rico tax laws and policy. This enables us to identify potential tax issues so our clients can plan effectively their business endeavors on the island. Our firm provides federal and local tax advice on the formation, operation, restructuring and disposition of business entities. We advocate on behalf of our clients before the Puerto Rico Treasury Department, The Center for the Collection of Municipal Revenue (CRIM), the United States Internal Revenue Service (INS), the Department of Labor, the Puerto Rico Treasury Department, The Center for the Collection of Municipal Revenue (CRIM) and other taxing authorities.
Some of the recurring tax related issues we concentrate on are:
- Advising, counseling and planning on corporate income, excise, property and municipal taxes.
- Tax-structured corporate and financial transactions, organizations, reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, and liquidations.
- Counsel on Act 20, also known as the Puerto Rico Export Services Act and Act 22, also known as the Act to Promote the Relocation of Individual Investors to Puerto Rico.
- Advise on Sales and Use Tax (IVU) regulation and compliance for small businesses.
- Resolving tax issues through rulings and closing agreements from tax authorities.
- Resolving tax disputes before administrative bodies and courts.
- Pursuing tax and economic other incentives.
- Employee Benefits on everything from retirement plans to executive compensation issues.